Casual Learn to Swim Instructor (LCE1136)
- Do you want to give back to the local community?
- Are you looking for a sea change to the beautiful South Coast?
- Or something a little closer to home?
Whatever your reasons; Kiama Council has your next career opportunity...
About the Area
Working and living on the South Coast comes with many perks. In the Kiama Local Government Area you can relax at our local cafes, restaurants or wineries, experience nature at the Minnamurra Rainforest, stroll along our scenic coastal walk or view our two famous Blowholes.
Kiama Municipal Council operates across a range of industry sectors. In addition to the traditional functions that are carried out by Councils, Kiama Council is a significant provider of aged care services both within the Municipality and the Illawarra region. Tourism is the major industry in the Local Government Area and Council is a significant provider and supporter of local tourism. Council operates the largest conference and function centre within the Municipality; The Pavilion Kiama along with the highly prized five holiday parks that comprise the Kiama Coast Holiday Parks.
About the Role
Kiama Council owns and operates the popular Kiama Leisure Centre, which is a multi-purpose sporting facility. Council currently has vacancies for qualified and experienced Learn to Swim instructors to join our teams
Some of the essential criteria include:
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety qualification
- Current AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant & Preschool Aquatics qualification or be willing and able to obtain within 3 months of commencement
- Current CPR qualification
- Current NSW Working with Children Check clearance, or ability to obtain before appointment
- Minimum 20 hours experience as a Swimming Instructor
The standard rate of pay will be $30.17 per hour inclusive of the 25% casual loading in lieu of leave and severance pay. Penalty rates are paid for weekends and public holidays and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award and the policies of Kiama Municipal Council.
To view the position description for this role and to apply please click 'Download PD' on Councils website. For job specific enquiries please contact Council's Leisure Centre Manager Jenene Gilbert on (02) 4232 1877.
Ongoing applications will be accepted.
We actively encourage applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.